So much to do today kids! Bear with me and we’ll try to get through it in an orderly fashion…
I added a new pattern and a new recipe. The pattern is for another bag and it’s the one that was published back in 2005 in a small magazine. I don’t have any pics because I lost the bag and I haven’t made another yet. It’s pretty cool though. The recipe is for my grandmother’s lemon sugar cookies. It’s quite possibly my very favorite cookie ever. I had hoped to be able to make a batch this weekend, but alas, my plans did not work out as I had wanted. I did add that to my list though so maybe next weekend I’ll get to it.
Ok, update on the weekly goals: I didn’t finish the kid’s scarf because I burned the shit out of one of my fingers. Steam burning yourself two nights in a row is really not recommended. It blistered. Bad. Ouch. I did go looking for the picture of me and Dad but couldn’t find it. I have one place left to look and then I”ll be forced to give up. I made a valiant effort to finish my to do list, but since it blossomed so spectacularly I was not successful. It got up to 20 things Friday by the time I left work. I added a few more over the weekend and now it sits at 6. Possibly doable this week yet, not sure. Josh and I didn’t start the book yet but we did talk about it. Half a win on that so far? Maybe. And I did indeed start the Christmas gift making list, so that’s a confirmed win. I still have a few days to go so maybe I”ll be able to have 5 wins under my belt.
The weekend was interesting. Josh drank 2 nights, but only because we had one of his friends over for dinner Saturday night. It wasn’t too bad except that I slept like shit all weekend. The combination of that and my bad means I’m at home today. I just got home from seeing a regular doc and having some x-rays taken. She thinks it’s just a muscle pull, but a bad one, but wanted to do some films just to be safe. She also wrote me a Rx for cyclobenzaprine to help relax my muscles. Yeah, right.
Oh hell, we need another update…
- Get my finances back in order. Back on track I think. I got my student loans refinanced which cut my payments by nearly $350. Also used most of my tax refund to catch some stuff up. And I made myself a budget that I’m trying to stick to. I wouldn’t say this one has been accomplished, but I”m making good progress.
- Rip out all of the half started projects I have laying about and reclaim the yarn for something else. DONE!!!
- Perform a “stuff” purge. Almost done. I’d like to finish going through my bookshelves but I just don’t have it in me right now because of the back situation. I have cleaned out my jewelry armoire, every dresser drawer, the clothes closet, and part of my desk. I need to finish the desk and then I think it’s probably time to go through the craft storage area again. So I’m still working on it but making good progress.
- Read a book. Might try to start this yet this week. I’ve got a fairly small Anne Rice novel I’d like to read. Maybe I could spend some quality time on the sofa with the book and an ice pack.
- Get better at documenting my knitting/crocheting projects. Working on it. I haven’t been doing much lately so there hasn’t been a lot to document. This one will probably just be a perpetual work in progress.
- Organize my photos. DONE!!!
- Take more pictures with the camera, not just my phone. Working on this one as well. I did acquire another digital camera over the weekend and I’m debating keeping it in my purse. That would help, maybe.
All in all I would say I’ve been doing fairly well. I’m pleased with my progress so far. I’m off to bond with the sofa and the ice pack. After a smoke of course.