Alright kids, you’ve redeemed yourselves. For now. Thanks to those who played. Anyone else who wants to jump on my band wagon after the fact is welcomed to.
So I told you earlier I’d share some of the things I’m grateful for. This is in no particular order…
- Josh. Yes, he’s an asshole, but he’s MY asshole. I love him more than I’ve ever loved anyone else and I know he loves me back. We have our differences but we always work them out and come back together. I could not have handled the loss of my father without him. He may very well be my soul mate.
- My mom. Without her I would not be here, and I don’t mean just because she gave birth to me. She’s helped me through every rough patch I’ve ever gone through. She supports me, chastises me when I need it, bails my ass out of trouble, and loves me like only a mom can.
- My friends, namely Gemma. We really do get by with a little help from our friends, and I get a lot of help from Gem. I love her like a sister, but a sister you don’t ever want to punch in the mouth.
- My job. Without the structure provided by having a place to go for 9 hours a day and earn some money, I’d be lost. I love this place. The people are wonderful, the work is interesting, the environment is mostly nurturing…. I couldn’t ever go back to working in the corporate world.
- The parts of my brain that do still work. There may be a whole lot wrong with my gray matter, but there’s still a whole lot that does work and work well. I’m quite smart and really pretty talented. I can’t imagine having those parts taken away, too.
- My health. Considering all of the nasty things I’ve done to my body over the years it’s a real wonder anything still works, but for the most part, it does.
- My creativity. Without the multitude of avenues I have to express myself I’d quite literally go nuts. I love that I can make all kinds of things with my hands. It makes me very happy.
And that’s where I’ll end, lucky #7.