, , , , , , , ,

I got nothin’ today.

Well, almost nothing.  I have some pics to show you.

jewelry for S

That’s the jewelry I ended up making for my pal, S, at work.  I had wanted to do something different but the bead store didn’t have the right parts.  I’m pretty happy with how this turned out.  It’s very much her style.  Can’t wait to give it to her later this month.

more sock, yawn...

It’s up to 13.5″ now, which is good.  I’ve got it with me again today so I can try to make a little more progress during lunch.  It’s just so fucking BORING.  Because of this I started working on a new bag last night.

Here’s the idea – knit a huge tote bag that is very like my favorite purple purse.  Make it nice and big, with a pocket on the outside, two handles long enough to sling it over my shoulder, and then felt it so it’s nice and dense.  Embellish with knit and felted roses and leaves and then needle felt some vine-y tendril like things around the rose/leaf areas.  I know I can do it, I’ve done this sort of thing before.  Just need to find time.  I cast on for it last night and got the first row done before I lost the ability to concentrate.

my favorite gift from Josh

I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that shortly after we started dating, Josh got me this really cool flower ashtray.  This is it, in flower form, sitting atop a doily I crocheted eons ago.  The flower needs to be polished, but we’re not sure what would work on it.  The doily needs to be blocked, but I’m too lazy.

Things at home seem to be going fairly well.  We had a brief dispute last night when we first got home, but we settled it peacefully and everything the rest of the evening went smoothly.  This morning he got up fairly easily and so did I.  I actually made it into my office by 6:25.  It wasn’t like I was rushing to get here, it just kind of worked out that way.  I even took time at home this morning to write out a check for a bill and make the bed.  Apparently some days I’m just more on top of my game than others.

The mood is coming down a little, but not too bad I don’t think.  I was still able to get some things done last night at home and this morning I’m getting through my usual morning routine.  Need to think about having a quick smoke break and then dusting.  I have no doubt that today will be a semi-productive day.  I’m not feeling depressed at all yet, just a little slower than normal.  I went to bed before 8 last night and slept kind of in fits and spurts.  Not sure what that was all about but I feel fairly rested this morning.

I leave you with one final photo…

custom sugar skull tat

That is my favorite tattoo.  Josh designed it for me and my favorite tattoo dude inked it for me.  It’s on my upper back, in the middle between my shoulders.  This pic was taken just hours after it was finished which is why her teeth are still kind of bloody.  It’s beautiful and it’s so me.