, , , , , , , , ,

Last night ended up being almost completely unproductive.  I went home and rested for awhile, made dinner, and then crashed.  The laundry still requires attention.  Oh well…

Dinner was rather a success last night.  I’ve decided I enjoy making dinner more when I’m really cooking and not just preparing a meal.  Heating up sausages and making mac & cheese is fine, but it’s not really cooking in my opinion.  So last night I cooked.  I made salmon on the grill and made a really nice pineapple chutney to go with it.

Pineapple Chutney

1/2 stick of butter

1/2 medium yellow onion, diced

1 medium roasted red pepper, diced

24 oz pineapple tidbits in juice

1 C brown sugar

1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder

Melt the butter in a large skillet.  Add the onions and cook until slightly softened.  Add roasted red pepper and cook another few minutes.  Add pineapple and juice and heat through.  Add crushed pepper flakes and 5 spice and stir to mix.  Allow to simmer over medium heat for at least 10 minutes.  Serve over rice.

I usually cook my salmon in a grill basket out on the big gas grill.  My mom gets the salmon at Costco and separates it into meal sized chunks.  I spray the grill basket with non stick cooking spray and then liberally season the salmon with fish seasoning.  Ten minutes per side is usually perfect.  I serve it with white rice and some kind of vegetable – last night it was frozen green beans.  Quite yummy.

I remembered to bring the sock with me today so that hopefully I can finish it.  All I need to do is the bind off edge and it’s done.  Then I’ll get the toe for the other one started.  I might just wait and leave it at that and take this sock with on the trip, I haven’t really decided yet.  I got some great new sock yarn the other day that I’m just itching to get into.  I figure I’ll take the stuff for socks and then I’m going to take yarn to make another Sonata shrug with me on the trip.  I think that should be plenty to keep me busy.

I’ve started making a shopping list of the last few bits we need to get before we leave.  Not sure when I’ll hit the store yet.  I still need to go get that new Geodon Rx picked up as well.  So much to do, so little energy to do it.

I did get an adapter thing from a friend at work yesterday that will allow me to take the pictures off my camera and load them on my iPad while we’re there.  If I can figure this all out I may be able to blog on the road.  No promises, but I’ll try.

Josh has been behaving himself for the most part.  We seem to be getting along fairly well right now, which is nice.  My mood is still kind of iffy but I think that’s because I’m starting to get stressed about the trip.  I’m just worried that the kid will get home sick while we’re there and there won’t really be anything I can do about it.  Maybe I’m wrong.  I just don’t think she’s ever been away from her mom for this length of time before.

Josh told me last night that he’s nervous about flying.  He’s only been on a plane once and that was more than 20 years ago.  I tried reassuring him and telling him that statistically you stand a MUCH greater chance of dying in a car accident than you do dying in a plane crash.  He wasn’t believing me I don’t think.  I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I really wish I could figure out how to get some of my energy back.  I feel like a slug right now and that’s never good.  I went to bed early last night and slept fairly well.  I just never seem to feel like I get enough sleep anymore, no matter how long I stay in bed.  I think part of the reason I haven’t picked up the Geodon is because I don’t really think it’ll help.  I really wish I could get my body to just naturally sort this mess out on it’s own.  I just have no idea how to go about doing that.  I’m drinking the tea at night to help calm me down, but it doesn’t seem to be enough.  I’m half tempted this weekend to try staying awake all night to see if I can physically exhaust myself.  The only problem with that is if it backfires, I’ll be fucked.