The lovely woman who writes indefinitely still me has nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I love her blog because it’s so incredibly honest. She’s half a planet away from me and yet it almost feels like she could be just down the street from me.
Here’s the questions…
1. Favorite philosopher: Can’t say I really have one. I’ve never been a big fan of the classics so I’m not on a first name basis with any of them.
2. Favorite bad habit: Smoking. It wakes me up, it puts me to sleep, it calms me down…
3. Age: 36 (and amazed to have made it this far)
4. Favorite time of day: Early in the morning, before everyone else wakes up. This is when I get myself centered and ready for the day. I especially enjoy being awake on the weekends before Josh is. The day holds all that potential and it’s just waiting for me to seize it and make something awesome happen.
5. Favorite time of year: Spring. I love seeing everything blooming and all of the little critters coming out. Plus, in this part of the country, it’s usually still cool without being too cold.
6. Favorite dead celebrity: Marilyn Monroe – there was a lady with class. She said my very favorite thing ever, “if you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best.”
7. Favorite Christmas movie: Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas. I used to watch it every year with my dad.
8. Favorite vacation: The time I went to Florida when I was a kid. That was by far the best family vacation ever.
9. Physical activity: If I have to be physical I prefer to walk. I don’t go too fast, but Josh has been known to hold my hand when we go somewhere just to keep me from running off.
10. Favorite thing: Knitting. It’s so calming and invigorating at the same time. I love that I can take sticks and string and make almost anything. I love the yarn, I love reading and writing patterns, I love the needles… It’s the perfect hobby as far as I’m concerned.
Now, my nominations…