, , , , , , , , , ,

Wow, what a weekend…

Saturday I managed to get the yarn for the socks split and Mom and I spent some time working on untangling the yarn before I had to get Josh up.  I woke him up and got him out the door for his tests and then Mom and I started running errands.  We went to Sam’s and stocked up on supplies.  When we were done there we went home and Josh was back so he helped us unload.  Our next stop was Olive Garden for lunch.  Yum!  Then it was over to my office real quick to drop off some of the supplies we’d bought, then over to Trader Joe’s, then to the regular grocery store.  We made a quick stop at home and then it was off to the mall to get Mom a new purse for a trip she’s taking later this summer.  Oh, we also went to Hobby Lobby and got some more craft supplies.  After that it was out to one of the local Mexican restaurants for dinner and margaritas.  I got a little bit loaded.

Sunday morning I managed to sleep until almost 6:30.  I figured I’d have some time to get the sock started before Josh woke up, but when I rolled over and said good morning to him, he was already awake.  We got showered and dressed and went to the lab to have the blood drawn for our physicals this week.  After that we headed to Panera for breakfast.  Finally it was time to relax.

I did get the sock started finally and I have to say – I HATE this yarn for socks.  It’s beautiful, it’s soft, it’s going to make a great sock…  But it’s a single ply and it splits like crazy.  Anyway, not sure now if I’ll be able to get the pair done in time to send next week or not, but I’m still going to try.

It was a very busy weekend, but a very productive one.  I got everything on the list done except Josh’s financial aid.  I realized we need to print copies of our tax returns and I couldn’t get the printer at home to cooperate, so I mailed myself copies and I’m going to do it here.  It shouldn’t take too long once I have all of the numbers we need.

I’m really proud of Josh and I – we were really pretty good when it came to money this weekend.  We took Mom out for lunch on Saturday to help pay her back for the stuff she got us at Sam’s, we took ourselves for breakfast on Sunday, got some stuff at the grocery store, a few things at Hobby Lobby, and a few more at Michael’s.  We did really good not going overboard with the spending this weekend.

The mood held pretty steady the whole time.  Josh commented that we should make a person sized gerbil wheel and hook it up to a generator so that I could run on it and sell electricity back to the grid.  I do still have a ridiculous amount of energy, but I don’t feel like my brain is just racing like it had been.  Shrinky-poo told me to call today if I didn’t feel like I’d achieved significant slow down, but I’m going to give it just a few more days.  I’d like to see if there’s a way I can level myself out a little faster than she’d originally said.  I talked to Josh about it and he agreed to let me have a few more days.  I feel much more in control of what’s going on now than I did last week, so I figure that’s got to count for something.

Mom even commented this weekend that she enjoys having me this way.  I wake up with energy, I get things done, I’m mostly pleasant…  If I could figure out how to stay hypomanic all the time I really would.  What I’m not looking forward to is the almost inevitable crash that’s going to come at the end of this.  And with coming into our busy season at work, I’m guessing if it does happen it’ll be at the very worst time possible.