As I’m fairly certain you know by now, I don’t get many of these. I don’t really feel I’m worthy anyway, so no big deal. But this is kind of special. This comes from Lulu.
Lulu is on her own mental health journey. Like most of us, it’s a bumpy ride some days. But she always seems to have this knack for leaving me the perfect comment on the days when I really need it most. So thank you, your virtual love means a lot to me.
Here’s the rules of the award:
- Write an acceptance speech, linking back to the person who gave it to you.
- Write 7 things you believe in.
- Give the award to as many brilliant blogs as you would like to share the love.
7 things I believe in:
- We all have an inalienable right to be happy. Not all the time. Not in all situations. But often.
- True love does exist, but it’s usually pretty shy. If we’re lucky we get to see it a handful of times in our lives.
- Every person has the right to quality mental health care, regardless of sex, religion, nationality, education, or ability to pay for it.
- The indomitable power of the human spirit. It takes more than you can throw at me to break me.
- The power of touch. Few things heal like a hug.
- The kindness of strangers. Thank you to every random person who has ever shown kindness to me. This includes the young man who held the door for me today. You just don’t know when your seemingly miniscule act of kindness with literally make someone else’s day.
- Myself. Without me, I am nothing.
Most of the folks I would have linked to have already been given this honor by Lulu herself. I share it with my best friend in the whole world, Gemma. She doesn’t write too often anymore, but I always listen when she does. She’s helped me through some seriously rough business and continues to help me today as I battle with Josh. I’d be lost without her.