Back in November, merbear264 of Knocked Over By a Feather nominated me for the Liebster award. I’ve been meaning to get this posted, but you know how life gets in the way sometimes. So anyway, here’s my stab at it. And thanks merbear, it really does mean a lot to me.
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
Eleven things about me…
- I have 13 tattoos.
- I’m about to start working on my second graduate degree.
- I’ve been with the same employer for almost 12 years.
- I married Josh after knowing him for less than a year.
- None of my last names have been more than 5 letters long.
- I have a large collection of squirrel figurines at work.
- My favorite flowers are roses and Star Gazer Lilies.
- I have smoked off and on since I was 12 years old.
- I can type somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 words per minute.
- I can’t stand plain coffee, but I love a good mocha.
- I’ve been writing in some form or fashion since I learned to write.
Here’s the questions from her…
1. Fact or fiction? I love a good story regardless of whether or not it’s true.
2.What is your favorite animal and why? I’ve always been partial to cats. They’re cute and sneaky at the same time.
3. Do you think being rich would make you happy? Nope, I really don’t. Being broke doesn’t scare me one bit.
4. Are you bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, or grumpasauras rex? It really depends on the morning. When I wake up I’m usually wide awake and up for the day. The mood depends on how happy I was when I fell asleep, whether or not I had nightmares, and whether or not Josh wakes up happy with me.
5. What is your favorite dessert? Tiramisu
6. What is your favorite thing about blogging? Blogging is therapy for me. And if anything I have to say makes someone else feel better about their situation or gives them a laugh, I’ve done my job.
7. Do you like reality TV shows? Absolutely NOT.
8. If you could have lunch with one famous person, dead or alive, who would it be? My favorite author – Robert A. Heinlein.
9. What is your favorite breakfast cereal? I’m not much of a breakfast person.
10. Do you believe that love is all we need? Yes, absolutely.
11. Chocolate or vanilla? Possibly strawberry? Chocolate, all the way.
Here’s my problem – I follow lots of blogs and I don’t feel like it would be fair to pick just 11 of them to nominate for this. (that’s almost entirely why I haven’t done this yet) So if you’re reading this, chances are I’m following you – consider yourself nominated. Here’s some random questions from me:
- How did you get started blogging?
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
- Do you express yourself creatively in any way besides writing?
- What’s the one food combination you love but everyone else thinks is ick?
- What’s the oddest thing you’ve done while mental?
- If you could take a single pill and be cured of your disease(s), would you?
- What has been your favorite gift?
- Do you have a theme song? If so, what is it?
- What’s one thing about you that a stranger would never guess just by looking at you?
- How did you pick the name of your blog?
- What do you love more than anything else in this world?