merbear74 must be popular – she keeps getting awards and stuff and then nominating me. I’m flattered, I really am. And I’m appreciative of the fodder to write about. Particularly today.
So here’s the regular updates from me…
Josh said the interview went well. He’s supposed to hear something today. The woman he met with said she had several positions she was considering him for, so that’s encouraging. We didn’t have sex last night anyway, just to be safe. It was a very pleasant and very quiet evening.
I’ve decided to frog the Hanne vest. I don’t love it and I’d rather use the yarn for a sweater. Might do that tonight. Josh’s first slipper is almost done.
I bought myself a pair of bright purple Birkenstocks yesterday with some of my tax money. I can’t wait until they get here. Of course it’s supposed to snow really bad this week so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to wear them. I used the rest of the money to pay medical bills. I didn’t have quite enough to pay everything, but I made a huge dent in it all. Just waiting for my state refund now to pay the rest.
It’s Tuesday and I’m trying to be ok with that. The mood is not bad. Josh is apparently in the dark room today because he’s been harassing me almost non-stop since I got to work. I’m trying to be ok with that, too. He doesn’t often get an opportunity to talk whenever anymore and I’m sure he’s enjoying it. And it’s not like I’ve really started to get involved in anything yet.
On to the tagging…
Post the rules
Post a photo and 11 random things about yourself.
Answer questions from the person who tagged you
Ask eleven of your own for people to answer
Tag more people
That pic is several years old, but about the only thing that’s changed is the color of my hair – it’s more blonde now.
11 Random Facts
- I’ve been wearing contacts since I was 12 years old. I currently wear the kind you leave in day and night for a month. I’m blind as a bat without them.
- I function best on 8 hours of sleep but I can get by with as little as 2. You don’t really want to be around me when I’ve only had 2 hours sleep though.
- I’ve been at the same place of employment for 12 years.
- Chocolate milk is an acceptable dessert for me.
- I learned to knit and crochet when I was 8. I stuck with the crochet but didn’t knit again until I was in my 20s. I do both fairly well now.
- The job I have now is as close to a “dream job” as I think I could get.
- I still don’t see enough of a benefit to having a tablet that I’d be willing to pay for one on my own. Because of what I do for my job, they’ve provided me with an iPad. No way in hell I’d buy one for myself.
- I get quite cranky when my routines get upset.
- In addition to knitting and crocheting, I also do beadwork, make jewelry, cross stitch, do black work, and sometimes play with Fimo.
- Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons.
- I have size 11 wide feet. Finding shoes for me is a challenge. The boots I’m wearing today are actually dude boots. But they fit.
Answer the questions given to you
1. Do you know the muffin man? Yes, he lives in my belly.
2. What do you do when you run out of underwear? I’ve never run out. I’m pretty anal about doing laundry at least once a week and I have something like 20 pairs of panties.
3. Do you like cottage cheese? Yes, but just by itself – no fruit mixed in.
4. Would you stand a chance in a hot dog eating contest? No way in hell.
5. Do you believe in ghosts? Yes, I’ve seen a few in my day.
6. Demons and the paranormal? I believe there are things out there for which there is no logical explanation.
7. How hard is it for you to come up with questions for these things? Sweet ceiling cat… Yeah, rough.
8. How hard is it for you to go without….fill in the blank. Tea. It would be like cutting a crack addict off.
9. Do you cash bigger bills first so it seems like you have more money? Money? What is this money you speak of?
10. Do you get excited when you see you have new notifications? Oh my god, I live for them.
11. Do you talk to yourself? Frequently. And I answer myself.
Make 11 new questions
- What is your favorite ice cream topping?
- What do you wear to sleep in?
- How many different phone numbers have you had that you can remember?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- How long have you been in recovery from your disease(s)?
- What’s one of your guilty pleasures?
- Best home remedy you’ve ever tried?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- What would your dream job be like?
- What color are your eyes?
- What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done to express yourself?
Tag more people
I am utter shit at this. I don’t want anyone to think I’m picking on them, or leaving them out. This is not a popularity contest and I’m not the cool kid. So really, if this sounds like fun to you, go for it and do it. Just leave me a comment and let me know so I can come read your answers. Let’s just have fun with this one kids.