top 10 ways to get out of a rut
- Set realistic goals for the week and include things you wouldn’t normally do. Stick with just a few. The idea is to make them attainable, but a little challenging. (like the Building Rome project)
- Try a new food or beverage that you’ve always thought looked interesting but were hesitant about.
- Cook a totally new recipe.
- Do a creative project in a medium you’re not accustomed to, ie. if you always paint in oils try water color.
- Crayons on construction paper – need I say more?
- Evaluate your living space – if there’s something that annoys you or doesn’t bring you joy, do something about it. If that shelf full of random nick-knacks doesn’t make you happy, consider donating them to charity. Less is often more.
- Wear your most beautiful blouse and a stunning piece of jewelry to dinner at home, just because you can.
- If you always do date night in, go out. If you always do date night out, stay in. Change up your routine.
- Do one thing every day purely because it makes YOU happy. Fuck everyone else for 10 minutes.
- Listen to all of that great music that you have stashed on your iPod/phone/whatever that you’ve forgotten about. Listen while you’re cooking dinner or cleaning house or reading blogs or whatever. Music motivates.
I don’t know if this was what you had in mind, Wen, but I hope it helps. Love ya, honey. ❤