Well, that was interesting, what with the mid-week change of plans. Can’t say as I really did a whole hell of a lot better even with that. Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant. I didn’t even get the stuff done over the weekend that I normally would that I don’t usually report on here. I went to 4 different grocery stores with Mom to get supplies, popped into the office to setup the fridge to defrost, went to a coin shop with her to sell some old currency for my grandmother, and made some pretty good meals.
And then we saw Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday morning. It was the best possible time-suck I could have engaged in. If you haven’t seen it yet, I cannot recommend it enough.
Anyway, we’re here to talk about goals, aren’t we? Progress report is below, as per usual. If this sort of goal setting thing seems like a good idea to you, join the Building Rome project. This week’s theme is “building neverland” which means taking a break from all the hard work and doing fun stuff to make your inner child happy.
Established Goals for every week:
- Take pills every morning. Done.
Make bed and tidy living space every morning.Josh is taking this over during the week.
- Do something creative
at least 3x per weekat least once a day. Pretty sure this happened, but I can’t recall for sure. Last week is mostly a blur at this point.
- Keep a list of
onegood thingS that happen s every day. Report on Sunday. Done.
- Participate in the Cartoon Craziness Challenge. Done. I thought the drawing was horrible, but it’s done.
Not bad on that front. Moving on…
Goals from last week:
Keep sketching. I need to get at least one done. I managed a few.
- Finish the bits for the care package for M. I need to get that in the mail. I missed my Friday deadline so I’m not going to stress this right now. I won’t have a real chance to get back to the post office until the 18th, so that gives me more time to finish things and find other goodies to include.
Get on the treadmill at least 3x before Monday. I walked Thursday evening, and officially that was it. Saturday Mom and I went to 4 different grocery stores, so I did get a little more walking in there than I normally would have. I’m going to try this again next week.
- Listen to my CD every day at lunch. Lunch didn’t work. I tried the one evening and Mom didn’t realize that’s what I was doing and got freaked out. So, this didn’t quite happen, but it’s going to have to happen this week.
Yeah, not really good at all. And next week is going to be even worse. So, with that in mind…
Goals for this week:
- Hit the treadmill at least 3x for at least 15 minutes each time.
- Do something creative every day. This can be as simple as working on a page in my Floral Designs coloring book.
That’s it. I’ll be doing 9 classes over 5 days this week and several of those classes are booked solid. I’ll be relying on all of my medications and every skill I’ve got to get through this in one piece. I’m still working on my “building a life worth living” project, so expect to see something about that soon.
Sorry for the crappy pic, but this was one of the two (I counted) sketches I did. I like the dragonfly, but not the water lily. I was trying to draw that bit from my convoluted memory and it didn’t come out so good. Eh, oh well.