Juls, aka The Indecisive Eejit, did a post about Happy Places and I’ve been wanting to do my own. Since I have this glorious snow day, and I’m making excellent progress, I feel compelled to do it. So here goes…
- The house I currently live in is the house I grew up in. We moved in here in December 1979. Some of my fondest memories have taken place here. It is unbelievably comforting to still be here in so many ways.
- Romeo’s – this is a local Mexican restaurant that I think has the best margaritas. It’s a happy place for me because when I was growing up and my dad’s brother or sister would come to town that’s where we’d go for dinner. The grown ups always got pitchers of margaritas, Grandma always ordered pizza (they do a little of everything), and it was just one of those special things we did. Now that my nieces are a little older Romeo’s is their favorite place to go when they get to hang out with Aunt Erin.
- My training room. I love being in front of a classroom teaching people. I was born to do that shit.
- Anywhere Mom is. She’s my best friend and I refuse to even contemplate a world without her.
- This blog, being surrounded virtually by all my pals. Y’all make a huge difference in my life, you don’t even know it. I love you all.