By now I’m sure most of you are familiar with my Building a Life Worth Living Goals. I’ve been at this for awhile now and have just one year left to go, so I thought I’d give y’all an update on how the big picture is coming along.
- Be able to put $150 into savings every month and leave it there. I almost did this last month, almost. I had the money there, but then I didn’t pay close enough attention to my discretionary spending and I needed to move it back to my checking account to cover everything. BUT, the Honda will be paid off very shortly and then the plan to start paying shit off really goes into action.
- Get A’s in all of the courses for my degree. So far so good!
- Knit OR crochet something that gets completed every month. I am knitting more often, which is good, and I made myself a list of possible projects that I have both the yarn and pattern for. Counts for something I guess.
- Work to improve my drawing skills. I feel like I’m drawing remarkably well considering it wasn’t all that long ago that I mastered the art of the stick-figure cat.
- Make exercise a regular part of my routine. I’ve been on the treadmill a bit more often, but I still don’t seem to consider it a priority. This really does need to change and soon.
- Work to improve my marketable skills. Sort of, but only really because of the things I’ve done for school.
- Make a daily full oral hygiene routine and stick to it. This is better than it used to be, but I’m still not quite where I want to be yet.
- Read for pleasure on a regular basis. Not a regular thing yet, but it definitely happens more often than it used to.
- Work on a good way to address my skin conditions. I’ve found a good dermatologist finally and I’ve seen her several times. Her suggestions have been paying off. Yay!
- Plan a long term creative project that incorporates a new skill or a skill I haven’t perfected yet. Start the project and finish it before my 40th birthday. I’ve done the brainstorming to gather ideas, but haven’t started anything just yet.
All in all I really do think I’m making good progress. If nothing else, looking at this list on a regular basis is helping me to remember what it is I want to do and that getting there is every bit as much about the journey as it is about the destination.