The lovely Diana of Trying to Make Things Right has nominated me for a Liebster Award. I suck at these things. I never know who to nominate or what questions to ask, but I have fun answering the other person’s questions. So in true Mama fashion, I’m cheating.
1. If you had one wish what would it be? That the doctors and scientists could find ways to keep people from suffering so much. I get that we all have to die, I just wish it wasn’t such a terrible process sometimes.
2. If you could change one law, what would it be and why? I believe that marriage equality should be in the constitution. Every adult human being deserves to be able to marry the adult human being they love. Period.
3. What is your favorite movie? What Dreams May Come
4. What is your dream job? Pretty much what I’m doing right now except I’d like to be able to teach one “real” course every semester in addition to the one-off training classes I do. Something like Digital Literacies or Information Design would be fun.
5. If you could travel to a different time period, when would it be? It would be really interesting to travel back to when King Arthur should have been around – as long as I can take my own toilet paper.
6. Do you love zombies, if not why? I think the idea of zombies is almost a little too plausible to be entertaining for me. But I loved the movie “Warm Bodies” and I thought that idea of the zombies being cured by human compassion and love was wonderful. I’m not all that fond of The Walking Dead, mostly because Josh watches it in bed while I’m trying to sleep.
7. Who is your favorite actor/actress? Hmm, not sure I have a favorite. I’ll see damn near anything Robert Downey, Jr. or Jeff Bridges puts out, same with Nicholas Cage. I’m also rather fond of Mary Louise Parker. I tend to go for folks who aren’t so “pretty” but end up playing smart and/or funny characters. The story is way more important to me than who’s in the movie.
8. Do you now or have you ever had a nickname? Several, but all family ones. My mom used to call me Erin Angel when I was very small. When I got older and would help her around the house I somehow became Gunga-din. Mostly now it’s Josh calling me Sexy Mama. The name Erin just doesn’t lend itself to any nicknames, and that always kind of bummed me out a little.
9. What would you want your last meal to be? Um, not to be the cause of my death? j/k Probably Mom’s lasagna. She makes the best damn lasagna EVER. Sadly, with only the 3 of us now, it’s not that practical to make a big pan of it.
10. What is your biggest fear? Being alone. More specifically that both Mom and Josh will die before I do and I’ll have no fucking idea how to take care of myself.
11. Do you think im awesome? lol Of course you’re awesome, you read my blog!
So since I don’t like nominating people, I’m going to invite anyone who’s interested (or in dire need of something to blog about) to consider yourself nominated and answer my list of random questions.
- What is your favorite breakfast?
- When you need to cheer yourself up, what music do you go for?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- What should your headstone read?
- What is your middle name?
- Where did you go on your favorite vacation?
- How do you like your eggs prepared?
- What is your personal mission statement?
- Do you feel as though you are a grown up yet?
- What is the most unusual thing you’ve ever done to or with your hair?
- What kind of chocolate do you prefer?